Volume control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume control

I'm working on a project where some buttons will play a sequence of Mpeg1 files( yes, this project again- see my last few posts if you really want all the sordid details). Everything is fine but the client has complained that when viewing the sequences the volume keeps getting reset to its default value whenever a new video loads. Is there anyway to control this? I couldn't find anything.

Re: Volume control

Is there anyway at all to get access to windows volume controls? Now I'm hearing that some testers who had their CD volume turned down weren't hearing anything.Some of those had no idea there was a seperate volume control for the CD or how to access it.

Comment

Try This

It's a sample app that uses a DLL I wrote.

Comment

Oops...

Couldn't edit the URL, here is the correct link.

Here

Comment

Can you check that file you are linking me to. After unzipping it, everytime I open the folder, Explorer crashes. I saw a file named green-on.png and a folder named fcsound before it crashes.

Comment

I get this error when I try and unzip with Winrar-

! D:\DOWNLO~1\AUTOPL~1\fcsound.zip: Cannot open hell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL

Comment

Hmmmmm. That file has been downloaded more times than I care to count, and I've not had any problems before nor has anyone contacted me to let me of any issues.

Anyow, I rezipped it and put it back out there as the same name. Try downloading it again and let me know.

Sorry for the hassle.

Comment

We would be more than glad to provide the bandwidth for those downloads if you like. Schedules have clashed a bit but in the next couple months there'll be an awesome user exchange up but until then I can upload your .dlls to our server if you'd rather not have so many hits... Let me know.

Corey Milner
                Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

The bandwidth isn't a problem at all. Most of the zips I have are 500K or less. I do appreciate the offer.

Looking forward to the Exchange! Should be a cool place to share ideas and techniques.

Comment

It worked fine this time. This looks like it would do the job, I'm just afraid the non-standard look of it might confuse my client. I realize I can customize this any way I want but what would be perfect would be just to call up the standard windows volume interface.

Comment

Check out this thread then, sounds like it'll do what you want
                      Click Here

Comment

Perfect! I guess I could have found that on my own if I wasn't so frazzled from working on so many projects at once. Thanks again.

Comment

It helps that that was the thread that sparked me to write the DLL. It was an easy one for me to remember.

G'Luck

Comment

Re: Re: Volume control

Originally posted by Worm
                            Check out this thread then, sounds like it'll do what you want
                            Click Here
                            please....help me !!!!!
                            I have same problem but link now is broken :mad: :mad: :mad:

colors

Comment

Working...
                            X