Mystery Sound - "click"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Sound - "click"

I downloaded the javascript timer for use in AutoPlay Menu Studio Worm made available for another project. I did have one issue and was hoping someone could help me through it. As the timer is counting down (I have it set for 53 minutes and some change), it "clicks" on every second. Each time a second passes, a "click" is heard through the speakers. There aren't any sounds assigned to that page other than a long wav file and the default sounds assigned to other actions, which I have already eliminated. The only thing I can think of is that, sice the javascript is loaded from a web object, it is IE's sound of the object refreshing every second. How the heck do you turn that off so it does not play on the final build?

Re: Mystery Sound - "click"

It is IE'ss sound. Every second the Web Object is Navigated to a Bookmark object so that the display inside AMS can be updated too.

Comment

Just turn off the Navigate sound in your Windows sound settings.

Of course, this won't help if one of your users has it on.

Is there another way you could accomplish the same thing? Perhaps using an MP3 timer instead? Or a Flash timer?
      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

I found Corey's Flash timer and will play around with that to see if I can get it to work. How would you use an MP3 timer? Create a silent MP3 53 minutes and 15 seconds long? Not sure how to accomplish that.

Comment

If you aren't in need of updating a text variable, you could modify the javascript to not update every second and only update at the end of the specified time.

Comment

For MP3 timer, just play a silent MP3, and set it to loop so it keeps playing. (It doesn't have to be silent, of course, if you want some background music.)

Use the MP3 Player's On Progress event to provide a roughly once-per-second event. Combine that with some actions to determine the current time, in seconds, and you have a timer.

There was a sample project that covered this, waaaay back when in this forum, a search on "MP3 player" or "MP3 timer" should bring something up.
            --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
            X