problem with flash embeded in ams4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with flash embeded in ams4

i have been working in a project for some important client. it involes series of Flash presentations which im good at . I used some other (other than AMS4) to produce my autorun cd . basically i created a menu which called flash *.exe projector. But then a freind introduced me to AMS4 . i thought it would be nice to run flash presentations with in the autorun Page (which thankfully AMS4 provides). Anyway, i have learnt AMS4 in no time , did my project and it is fantastic as when i tested it in my PC (P IV running winXp pro and flash player 6.0). My Problem! ..when i tested the autorun cd in my friend's pc ( PII,233 mghz, win2k with flash payer 6.0) the autorun menu works but flash .swf doesn't . right when the autorun starts i get a message saying Fash does not exist..or some thing like that!!) and i can see the placeholder of the flash movie only...Any Idea where i went wrong!!?

Re: problem with flash embeded in ams4

Your friend does not have Flash properly installed. you can get an update patch for Flashplayer 6 here: http://www.macromedia.com/support/flash/downloads.html

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

hi Corey,
      that's what i thought in the begining..but all of my flash .swf do run properly outside AMS4...i checked his system..it does have flash.ocx ..now is that enough to say that flash is installed properly...? or do i have do so something to verify that..???

Comment

Well if it plays properly in his standalone flash player but not via the exact same flash player in AMS then it sounds like you might have the paths to your files mixed up or something. It's hard to say without seeing the project...

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

i tried to make my autorun checks for either flash.ocx or swflash.ocx ..but how can i install these controls if they do'nt exist ...(i.e can i make a standard routine regardless of OS used to play the autorun CD..???...awaiting your suggestions...

Comment

Working...
          X