Burning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burning

I know you guys don’t assist in burning but you may know what my issue is. I have burned many cd's with AMS 3.0. I am now using 4.0, everything works fine when I preview and build from AMS 4.0. It's when I burn that my AVI's Wav's and Photoshop slide show cannot be found. All of my other images and graphics are there. The files are in a folder of the distribution directory. Any words of wisdom would be appreciated.

Re: Burning

Odd. Are you using %SrcDrv% to point to files or some other built in variable?

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

I ran into a similar problem with long file names. When this happened, I was using Roxio EZCD to burn the files. When the files would burn, there was a properties dialog that would default to not using long filenames, so everything was changed to slides~1.exe from slideshow.exe. The references in AMS would then not work. Look at the properties on your burning software before you burn and see if it is doing the 88888888.333 format or supporting long filenames.

Tigg
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

I have no built in variables and yes i am using the %SrcDrv%
        to point to files. I'd be happy to zip and email you the project to look for your self.

Comment

%SrcDrv% is a built in variable... How big is your file once zipped?

Good point Tigg. EZCD 6 warns you and then asks you if you want to proceed or not, that way you can say, "Nope" and then go back and edit your file names before returning to EZCD to burn...

Corey Milner

Comment

I'm using Nero and have my defualt set in Joliet and am allowing pathdepth deeper than 8 directories of which I only have this project 2 directories deep. I am writing in ISO 9660.
            I'm going nuts with this 4.0 version. I like so many of the features I need a tutorial (visual).

Comment

If you have access to EZCD that would be nice to see if it's also doing the same thing as Nero since it does sound, on the surface, to be a problem with your burning process and not with AMS 4.0...

Corey Milner

Comment

Sorry Corey I meant I didn't have any custom variables. My project is 113 MB zipped

Comment

Corey,

Is EZCD 6 worth the upgrade?
                  TJ-Tigger
                  "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                  Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

It is great that it will go 8 directories deep but the file names on the CD, have they been renamed? If you look at the CD through Windows Explorer, are they the same as the ones listed in your project. Also, the directory structure, has that remained the same as well. As was said earlier, using %SrcDrv% or I like to use %SrcDir%.
                    TJ-Tigger

Comment

Yes I think so Tigger although I'm no expert on EZCD. The new version does DVDs too though so that must be worth something. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

113MB is too big to email or send so we'll have to figure something else out. At this point my main advice to you though is to burn the CD using some other burner and see if it works. It sounds like it should. If the project works OK then it would be odd for it to *break* during the burning process...

Corey Milner

Comment

I personally prefer Nero over EZCD. Although lately I find myself using Alcohol 120% more and more. (Now that is a fine burning program.)

In Nero, what do you have "File-/Directorynames length" set to on the ISO tab? Try setting it to ISO Level 2.

Make sure the Joliet option is enabled, and "Allow more than 255 characters in path" as well.

On the multisession tab, select "No Multisession." On the Burn tab, turn on the "Finalize CD" option.
                        --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Come to think of it, though, if you managed to burn several successful 3.0 projects, I doubt burning is the problem.

The files that are missing...are they ending up on the CD? Can you give us an example of a path to one of those files, as it appears in the project, and then where it ends up on the CD?

It could be that the paths in the project don't match the paths on the CD.
                          --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Lorne
                            I have burned over 100 cd's using Nero in the 3.0 version. The settings you have referred to in Nero I have been thoroughly through. I have just posted a new post as to what my be the problem, I will paste it here as well. Example I have a wav file to open on my opening page. When CD starts to run it states that file cannot be located. However if you open the folder on the disk via explorer there it is. Same with my browser and frameset.htm. All of these files work in the preview and build process. Anyway, I am going nuts. Got any suggestions.

Your application has been built to the following folder:
                            C:\My Documents\AutoPlay Media Studio Projects\test catalog\Distribution

Build completed successfully.
                            Running post-build step
                            WARNING: Failed post-build step

Comment

Working...
                            X