• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mitologys
    Forum Member
    • Apr 2003

building two in 1

I have one program made already build (and Closed) using autorun and i have another program that is a complement of that and i wish to make this the firt to run with one link for executable file of the first one that is by the may the executable that run´s, i have tried to put both to run and the result is i have to restart my PC.
    Does anybody have a solution for this problem.
    I Can´t change the name of the first file not even the extension.
  • Corey
    Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
    • Aug 2002

Re: building two in 1

i wish to make this the firt to run with one link for executable file of the first one that is by the may the executable that run´s
    [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] OK let's try and clarify what the question is and then we'll help you solve it. Please confirm your details, are you saying that:

1. You have 2 projects, project#1 which is already built into an .exe, and project#2 which is still editable?

2. You would like to add a link in project#2 which launches project#1?

Is that an accurate assessment of the question or am I missing something, let me know...

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• mitologys
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2003

yes i have project#1 build and closed (not made by me) and i am making a second project that as new commands and one of them is to execute the "xxx.exe" of the project#1( it has autorun).
      I can´t change the name, not even put it into a directorie, it must be in the root of the cd.
      Sugestions

Comment

• Corey
        Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
        • Aug 2002

Just use a FILE > EXECUTE action (attach it to a button or a hotspot) and point it at %SrcDrv%/xxx.exe

Corey Milner

Comment

• mitologys
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2003

No, it is not that simple.
          Project 1 has the file xxx.exe that when burned into a cd it plays automatically.
          Project 2 that is what i am making has new commands and one of them has a link to xxx.exe.
          I already tried to do that you said and the result is a computer crash, because the pc doesn´t know what file to play.
          This is my big question how to make my the first to run without a crash.( I can´t change the name or even the extension of the file xxx.exe, can´t put it into any directorie).
          I know this is a hard question, that is why am i asking you

Comment

• ovm
            Indigo Rose Customer
            • Oct 2002

If these programs both made by APMS, I think there will be a conflict in the DATA folder (both programs use different files, but with the same name).
            Try to change the name of the DATA folder to DATA2 before building it (Project settings, Bulid/Store support files in subfolder: )
            Maybe this will work.

gr. Mario
            programming is very easy, just put the characters in the right order....

Comment

• Corey
              Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
              • Aug 2002

Not sure. Sorry. Good luck...

Corey Milner

Comment

Working...
              X