• Geoffh
    replied
    Re: Error message: "Can't find avi on page"

I'll give that a try too, thanks

Leave a comment:

• ovm
    replied

Have you tried to download the file again?
    Maybe the file became corrupted while downloading.......
    (in regarding of your email problems)

gr. Mario

Leave a comment:

• Geoffh
    replied

Hi Adam
    Thanks for your message

Windows 2000
    Latest verson 4 of AMS
    Iwas able to build my project and Coreys was pre-built by him. The error message occured when I clicked on the menu button to start an avi located on the same single AMS page.

I'll try cleaning out the temp directory.

I'm having email problems so I 'll post my replies here for now.
    Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Adam
    replied

Geoff,

- What OS are you running?
    - What version of AMS are you using (4.0.0.4)?
    - Are you able to build the project?
    - If so are you able to run it after you build?

Clean out your temp directory and reboot and see if that helps. To find out what your temp directory is go to start -> run and type %temp%.

You can email these to [email protected] if you want as that may be quicker.

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied

You can send your valid registration info and serial number to [email protected] and see if they can help if you like.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Leave a comment:

• Geoffh
    replied

Please can Tech support look into this for me.

I am going to have to go back to the multiple pages method because I have to get this project finished by this Thursday.

I would really like to do it the way you suggested, stacking all files on a single page.

The error message I am currently getting means I have to restart AMS4 every time.

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied

Not sure, works fine over here. I'm not really sure how to fix your current problem, sorry, maybe one of the tech support guys can help you.

Corey Milner

Leave a comment:

• Geoffh
    replied

Corey when I try this demo I get this error message shown below every time. If I try to add the commands you used in your demo for my project I get the same error message.

PROGRAM ERROR
    ams4test.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program.

An error log is being generated.

I have rebooted the OS and tried multiple times, it always does the same thing. I tried re-installing AMS4 but no luck there, still the same error message when I click on the button to play the avi while the project is previewing.

Help!

Leave a comment:

• yoni
    replied

you're right. the simpler the better. But I still think there's a certain charm to building a project like you would one of those complicated mousetraps in the board game. Up to the point when it affects functionalisty (:

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied

OK so I made a project for you to check out. It has 3 .avis and a flash object on one page. The flash object is an intro and then menu (3 buttons, each with a numerical fscommand, i.e. 1, 2, 3) which only plays the intro once, it's buttons act to launch the avis. Each avi restores the flash menu upon completion. There are better ways to do this, i.e. having your intro .swf load the menu .swf into itself after the intro, this way all future references to that .swf would be to the menu, no seek would be needed, you could just show and hide it. But I did it this way so that you can fit what I'm showing you into the way you are doing things in the hopes that it would be easy to use and more relevant to you. Like I say you could simplify this to do this with one media player object too, but this way is quicker and easier to learn so that's why I did it like this.

Note look for actions on these events when you are looking at this file (.fla source included too):

PAGE - On Initialize
    PAGE - On Show
    AVIs - On End Stream
    Flash - On FS Command

File is here, good luck. If you have any questions post them to this thread, no need to start more new threads for this question. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.indigorose.com/temp_web/avis.zip

P.S. notice the whole project only takes a single page and about a dozen actions or so total. The least the better I always figure... That way if something breaks or you need to come back and edit/add something, it's nice and easy.

Corey Milner

Leave a comment:

• Geoffh
    replied

Thanks Corey
    I'm really stuck. I've had some success with a workaround but then I run into another issue. However I have tried stacking avi's and the Flash together, and being sure to hide and unhide. But its still not finding the avi's on the single page. ahhhh! I am sure its probably something I am doing or not doing.

Geoff

Leave a comment:

• Corey
    replied

Whoa, whoa, this is much, much easier than all this guys. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] You don't need the second page even. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] It's not a good practice to get into a windy road of workarounds and catch basins like this, better practice is to approach the project from a more basic standpoint and just get the details right. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I'll whip up a demo for you today and post it here which uses one page and only a handful of actions to do what you need.

Corey Milner

Leave a comment:

• yoni
    replied

looking at your previous post, i think you may have been trying to do the variable thing i was mentioning, but you'd want to do it before the page jump and probably give it a more unique name than property.

Leave a comment:

• yoni
    replied

that sounds right I had that problem once too. What you can do to fix it is set the AVI on complete to first set a variable like SEEN_AVI = true then jump back to your flash page.
    On the flash page properties, create an on initialize action to something like
    IF
    SEEN_AVI = true
    seek the right frame
    END IF

This way you can have different if statements for each avi you want to play as long as you set each to a different variable. And you'd also want to set an on close action to reset all your variables to false or you could run into problems.

I think you can also use the built in lastpage variable, but I've never done it that way before.

Leave a comment:

• Geoffh
    replied

I have a hunch about whats happening.
    The jump command jumps to the page I want it to go to right away, so it probably cannot execute the SEEK command as its already jumped to that other page. The seek command was on the page it was leaving.

This is a guess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X