No announcement yet.

Documenting IndigoRose Licensing of any runtime software included in a CD image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Documenting IndigoRose Licensing of any runtime software included in a CD image

In going to replication with a big disc stamper and due to their affiliation with the International Recording Media Association they require that I show proof of licensure for all intellectual property included on the disc. The text/photos/art/video/etc is not a problem.

They also want me to document that I have a license from IndigoRose that confirms I have rights to use their product and that any IR runtime software, included on the replicated disc, is likewise covered.

What is the best way to document this to the replicator?

Thanks!
    Bruce

Re: Documenting IndigoRose Licensing of any runtime software included in a CD image

As a licensed user (someone who has purchased a license to use AutoPlay Media Studio 4.0 and has a valid serial number), simply run the installation program and copy the license agreement text (select it, press Ctrl-C) and paste it into a word processing program (notepad) and print it out. It describes your distribution rights that you can provide to the duplicator.

Alternatively, a file called license.txt is found in your AMS40 program files folder that contains the same info.

Comment

Re: Documenting IndigoRose Licensing of any runtime software included in a CD image

Colin,
      That gets me going.
      Thanks!!!
      Bruce

Comment

I think I know who you are referring to in your original post, Bruce. While I appreciate efforts like this to make sure their bottom line is protected (I often do the same with certain clients), it sure does feel a bit ridiculous after the 4th or 5th job.

There are more affordable replicators around anyway. I recently got a bid from them on a project that required all their legal mumbo jumbo plus at least 36% more in money than my lowest bidder (also a trusted replicator I've used for years now).

Here's the breakdown:
        Project: 4200 CD-ROMs, replicated, up to 3 screen colors on disc, in paper sleeves, assembled and shipped.

Bid from vendor in question: $3,071 USD before shipping
        Bid from preferred vendor: $1,974 USD INCLUDING SHIPPING

Who do you think got the job?
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Yeah when we did the CDs for AMS 4.0 I solicited bids from like 30 different places and then boiled it down to the top ten, and there were wild discrepancies between them.

Guess what though... Nope. Guess again... Yes, that's right, Indigo Rose is going to be offering affordable high quality CD duplication services soon... And, as always, you'll get the same great service and support you expect from us. No further details just yet but I don't see any harm in you guys knowing since you're on the topic. Stay tuned...

Corey Milner
          Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Working...
          X