• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

Streaming video.

I've been asked to produce a CD with a video on it that is about 1hour 15mins long. No frills just the video. With other video that I've done in ams I've found that there is quite a long 'lag' while it's loading.

Can I stream it to cut down the waiting time?
  • longedge
    Indigo Rose Customer
    • Aug 2003

Re: Streaming video.

OK .. it worked 'off the shelf' without any problems. Now I don't understand why previously when I've used small videos a few minutes long, I've experienced a delay. Oh well.....

Comment

• Corey
      Indigo Rose Staff Alumni
      • Aug 2002

Excellent, glad to hear you got the results you needed!

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

• eric_darling
        Indigo Rose Customer
        • Jun 2002

Now I don't understand why previously when I've used small videos a few minutes long, I've experienced a delay. Oh well.....
        It could be explained by an overly large buffer being specified when the video was encoded. All media players with which I'm familiar, including QuickTime and WMP, honor the buffer request even if they do not need to to properly play back the file. Of course, in this case, AMS is not the culprit.

Videos don't really "stream," from CD-ROM anyway. If you are using honest-to-goodness internet streaming files, they won't work properly when playing back from a standard CD-ROM interface without the server software running in proper configuration - a highly unlikely scenario for CD-ROM.

There may be other explanations, but I'm glad to see you've overcome the issues without need for further assistance -
        Eric Darling
        eThree Media
        http://www.ethreemedia.com

Comment

Working...
        X