Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

File.DoesExist ?????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File.DoesExist ?????

Hi ...I'm trying to search for a file (divx.dll)in "C:\Windows\system32\" but can't seem to get it to work....I can get it to find a file (divx.dll) if the file resides in the windows directory only......as the code below shows....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Checks to see if a particular file exists.
    Answer = File.DoesExist (_WindowsFolder.."\\dixv.dll");

-- If the file does not exist, display a message notifying the user.
    if Answer == false then
    result = Dialog.Message("Notice", "The specified file does not exist.", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);

else
    result = Dialog.Message("Notice", "The specified file EXISTS.", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1); end

I've tried changing the "_WindowsFolder" to a full path (eg. C:\windows\system32) but it doesn't return the correct answer, just says "The specified file does not exist."

How do I get it to search the C:\windows\system32 directory for the divx.dll file ? My non-working code for this is below.....

-- Checks to see if a particular file exists.
    Answer = File.DoesExist (C:\WINDOWS\system32 ,"\\dixv.dll");

-- If the file does not exist, display a message notifying the user.
    if Answer == false then
    result = Dialog.Message("Notice", "The specified file does not exist.", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1);

else
    result = Dialog.Message("Notice", "The specified file EXISTS.", MB_OK, MB_ICONINFORMATION, MB_DEFBUTTON1); end

Thanks for your help.

Try using the global variable "_SystemFolder" rather than "_WindowsFolder"

From the Command Reference: Variables/Global Variables
    http://www.indigorose.com/webhelp/am..._Variables.htm

_SystemFolder
    The path to the userís Windows System folder (e.g. "C:\Windows\System").
    AutoPlay Media Studio 8.5 is Windows 10 compatible today!

Comment

Working...
    X