Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Thumbnail Plugin question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbnail Plugin question

Ok...just getting around to try and understand the thumbnail plugin.... For most of my applications I will just have a preset page to scroll through various image catalogues...meaning, I do not want to "open folder". When the user navigates to a page the thumbs are there.

None of the tut's really explain the process. The help just says drop it in a point to a folder....I have no idea where I am supposed to end up...meaning, I have very little desire to learn boolean....just, point and click to get a desired result.

So what would be my first action when arriving at a certain page? Load folder, open folder, etc?

I took a folder of .jpg's and dropped into my project and could not get anything to do anything. :(

-TIA!

-Robert

First thing you have to do is create a table of the file paths that you want to load into the Thumb Plugin.

--Get all .jpg files from a folder and store them in table "ImageList
    ImageList = File.Find("C:\\MyDir\\", "*.jpg", false, false, nil);nd

--then add them to the Thumbnail object named "ThumbNails"
    result = ThumbList.AddFiles("ThumbNails", ImageList, nil);

Comment

thx kps....I have no idea what you are talking about...but, at least I can go in some direction.

Comment

Sorry to leave you hanging AK, I just haven't had time to play with the plug-ins. Soon. I realize that's no help, just wanted you to know though.

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Thumbnail Plugin question

I am also in the same situation, I do not want to "open folder" either, just navigate to thumbs on a page.

Dennis

Comment

OK... I'll see if I can baby step through this...

Create blank page in a project

Add a thumbnail object to the page...call it "MyThumblist"

Now you need to have a folder of .jpgs within your CD_ROOT folder for the project. Lets name this folder Images and then copy a couple .jpgs into there.

Now that you have some JPG's in your project folder lets add the actions to populate the thumblist.

First you need to specify a location and filenames for the .jpgs you want loaded. We will do this with a file find action that we will add to Page Show...

----Get all .jpg files from a folder and store them in table "ImageList
            ImageList = File.Find("Images", "*.jpg", false, false, nil);

This basically means get all file paths for .jpg files in the folder "Images" within your CD_Root project folder and add them to the table named "ImageList"

Now we have a list of images to populate the thumblist with. Add this action to Page Show...

--then add them to the Thumbnail object named "MyThumblist"
            result = ThumbList.AddFiles("MyThumblist", ImageList, nil);

This essentially loads your "MyThumblist" object with all the files in the ImageList table

That's it... I'll attach the page so you can see it
            Attached Files

Comment

thanks bro for the baby steps....THAT HELPED TREMENDOUSLY!

Will try it this weekend.....

Comment

Working...
              X