Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Display system info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display system info

I've been unable to locate this, it seems so simple that I just know I've skipped over it during my search but...

I want to be able to display some basic system info.

OS, CPU speed, RAM, Time, Date, etc.

I understand how to get the values and make them variables
    i.e. System.GetOSName and Registry.GetValue
    It's just displaying them that has me stumped.

Once I can do this I have bigger plans involving taking that system info along with some user input and mailing it all back to the office using the Blat DLL. But, I will work out each piece of the puzzle one hunk at a time.

Thanks!

Here are the ones we support:

System.GetDate
    System.GetDisplayInfo
    System.GetLANInfo
    System.GetOSName
    System.GetOSVersionInfo
    System.GetTime

Beyond that you may have to create a custom DLL or Action plugin to get more.

Comment

There are several ways you can display the information.

Dialog.Message
      Label.SetText
      Input.SetText Paragraph.SetText

For your use and not for a published project.
      Debug.Print

You may want to look at storing the information in a table and then you can use a for loop to enumerate the table and display each item. I often do this to test and make sure that I am getting what I need.

tbvariable = {"item1", "item2", "item3", "item4"}
      for index,value in tbvariable do
      Dialog.Message("title", "This is index"..index.."\r\nWhich has a value of "..value")
      end

Something to that end anyways.
      TJ-Tigger
      "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
      "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
      Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

Thanks for your help, both.

The Label.SetText is what I was looking for.

I am a bit surprised that displaying system info isn't a little more straight forward but hey, as long as you can do it.

In case anyone else comes looking for the same info, I've attached the basic function in action...
        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
        X