Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

AICC/SCORM compliance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AICC/SCORM compliance

Has anyone any experience of building training progs in AMS5 (or 4) that comply with these guidelines or other LMS set-up's? I know there are Flash addins for this but I don't want to reinvent the wheel.
    Dave

Hi. There's nothing available which would make implementing SCORM into your learning materials any easier than the Flash add-on so that would probably be your best bet vis-a-vis ease of production. This can easily be embedded in your AMS application via a Flash object.

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Thanks for the reply Corey.
      I was hoping to provide some of the course within AMS, some in Flash (embeded in AMS) & was looking for an easy way to output data from AMS - like Flash does. I suppose I'll have to dig into the SCORM & AICC sites & see what kind of output is standard & how that might be achieved with (say) PHP to the server.
      Thanks anyway
      Dave

Comment

Hi. FWIW you can't really *see* any of that stuff so examining a SCORM site might not be particularly enlightening vis-a-vis factual analysis of their PHP or anything, but there are some SCORM learning resources about, or at least there was a while back. It will take a little time to develop your own system, if you have lots of time that's a cool approach though. Keep us posted...

Corey Milner
        Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Hi Corey,
          I meant sites like: http://www.aicc.org/
          or
          http://www.adlnet.org/
          as starting points - not sites that use it. I agree theres nothing to 'see' there .
          I guess its worth looking at as it would give AMS a(nother) lead over some of its competitors & if I can fit it in, I'll be back....as someone once said.
          Dave

Comment

Working...
          X