Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Quiz Template

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quiz Template

I am using the quiz template and I need to add questions. There are three and I need 10. I tried copying and pasting more questions but I get a an error message. I am under the gun to get this done by Monday. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Bob. OK when you start a new project from the quiz template and then go into the OnShow tab in the Actions panel of the Page properties dialog at the top where it says:

-- How many questions are in your quiz?
    question_max = 3;

Did you change that value?

Corey Milner
    Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

Hi Corey, yes I changed it to 10.

Comment

OK, hmmm. If you could post your code and a screencap of the error maybe I could spot the solution.

Corey Milner

Comment

Corey, after I paste a new question I get this dialogue box

On click line 10, attempt to concatenate field '?' (a nil value)

Comment

-- How many questions are in your quiz?
            question_max = 10;

-- This is the question list
            question_list = {};
            question_list [1] = "Which process is NOT a type of disease outcome\n\nA - clinical\nB - management\nC - humanistic\nD - economic\nE - none of the above";
            question_list [2] = "What is the product of multiplying 7 by 9?\n\nA - 32\nB - 48\nC - 63\nD - 78\nE - 16";
            question_list [3] = "What color is a brown dog?\n\nA - Blue\nB - Red\nC - Green\nD - Brown\nE - Gold";
            question_list [4] = "Huh dog?\n\nA - Blue\nB - Red\nC - Green\nD - Brown\nE - Gold";
            question_list [5] = "What is your name?\n\nA - Blue\nB - Red\nC - Green\nD - Brown\nE - Gold";
            question_list [6] = "Who are you?\n\nA - Blue\nB - Red\nC - Green\nD - Brown\nE - Gold";
            question_list [7] = "What color is a brown dog?\n\nA - Blue\nB - Red\nC - Green\nD - Brown\nE - Gold";
            question_list [8] = "What color is a brown dog?\n\nA - Blue\nB - Red\nC - Green\nD - Brown\nE - Gold";
            question_list [9] = "What color is a brown dog?\n\nA - Blue\nB - Red\nC - Green\nD - Brown\nE - Gold";

-- This is a list of corresponding correct answers
            answer_list = {"C","C","D"};

-- Set up a few global variables to track the progress
            question_index = 0;
            numcorrect = 0;

-- Let's hide some of the text and buttons we don't need right away
            Label.SetText("Status","");
            HideAnswerButtons();

Comment

Hi Bob, don't forget to add your answers too, i.e.:-- This is a list of corresponding correct answers

answer_list = {"C","C","D"};

Only contains 3 answers still. What exactly does the error say?

Corey Milner

Comment

Fourth cup of coffee did it! I needed to add the corresponding answers (A,B,C, etc.Corey thanks so much for your quick reply.

Comment

Cool! No problem...

Corey Milner

Comment

quiz

This is awesome!! I have 2 questions, what if I have a quiz of 100 question typed in word, with multiple choice answers. Do I have to cut and paste each question and answer one at a time into the script?

Also data colection, is there an code to copy/or save the results for the user?

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                    X