Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Several languages - how?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several languages - how?

Hello,

A couple of years ago I made a project with Autoplay Menu Studio 3.0. I was able to use texts in several languages with different code pages (English, Russian etc.). It worked fine (just set appropriate script in a font selection dialog).
    Now I have tried AMS 5 and I have not been able to to the same. Russian or Chinese text turns into ????? (System Language is set to English). What have I done wrong?

Vlad

I know that template, but...

I know that template, but its purpose is a bit differenet, i.e. system language detection. That is not a problem.
    The problem is that I cannot use Russian text in labels or in paragraphs. Russian letters turn into question marks. But I am able to use Russian text in AMS 3.0 without problem (the same PC, system language English).
    What is the matter? Was that functionality removed?

Vlad

Comment

Hi!
      I had similar problems.
      It is necessary to expose cyrillics in parameters of the text.
      You can write to me, we can communicate in Russian!
      ([email protected])

Comment

Here is the file with the example. It has correctly symbols of cyrillics.
        It was made with AMS 5.0.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for the example.

It displays correctly even if the system language is not Russian. But I cannot add more Russian text (the problem persists).
          However if I change the system language to Russian, then I can input Russian text correctly and it stays that way when I switch the language back. That is a consolation.
          The text of an object is displayed correctly in an input box untill you hit OK. If the text encoding matches a system language, it is converted correctly and stays that way, but if the encoding is different the text is corrupted. It looks like a bug or a feature only partially implemented :(

Vlad

Comment

Working...
          X