Tip: Get Screen Zoom with Druler Freeware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip: Get Screen Zoom with Druler Freeware

This is a long requested feature, design time zoom and rulers. For now I found a really great, free piece of software which allows you to do that. This software doesn't install anything and is nice and small. Here it is "dRuler":

http://stefan.huberdoc.at/comp/software/druler.html

Stefan seems like a good guy from his site. Great software I tested it quite a bit here today with AMS, seems stable. Only thing is that you may have to turn "stay on top" off and then back on again for it to work properly. Anyhow I managed to get the rulers and zoom to work *extremely* well in AutoPlay Media Studio. This is something I'll be using in AMS from now on, or at least until a future version which may have zoom and ruler functionality.

The beautiful thing is that you can detach/resize the zoom window and basically place it in AutoPlay Media Studio as a quasi-normal looking (not dockable) pane. Very convenient and functional, and I got used to it almost immediately.

BTW I checked out several similar utilities and this one turned out to be the best (and smallest) from what I can see. Ten thumbs up for Stefan Huber. If you like his app, drop him an email and let him know, I'm sure he'd appreciate it...

:yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes :yes

EXCELLENT POST!

I'll definately be looking forward to this download. :yes

Protocol
    "White-colla-AMS-gangsta."

Comment

Excellent!

Dermot
      Dermot

I am so out of here :yes

Comment

Corey,
        It does look a nice utility, but I get the data position scrambled with the labels in the ruler. Do you get that?
        Yossi

Comment

Not on my end. All the labels, i.e. the x and y position, color swatch, etc. are working perfect...

Comment

I like the "lines" in Flash MX 2004 that help to align objects, and fast!
            Intrigued

Comment

Yes absolutely, Flash MX2004 has the best alignment/distribute functionality of any program out there in my opinion. Can't say enough good things about it. I can guarantee you that will be the model we examine when trying to work out ways to add enhanced alignment to any future versions of AutoPlay Media Studio. The folks at Macromedia really nailed that one on the head. :yes

Comment

Alright!

I am looking forward to the advancements that will surely grace AMS 6 Pro!

The best part? That to pay for such we ... well ... just code a project or two for a client or two!

*rubbing hands together in anticipation
                Intrigued

Comment

Another intertesting tool:
                  http://www.markus-bader.de/MB-Ruler/

Here you can measure angles too and other utils.

Yossi

Comment

Hey that's a sweet tool Yossi! Thanks for the link... :yes

Corey

Comment

How about hotspots that can be shaped to the target area, instead of having to use overlapping squares that don't always cover what you want and sometimes cover what you don't? Most html mapping programs have had this feature for a long time.

Comment

Oops .. that previous post was supposed to be in a different topic ...

:lol

Tried that Drooler - works great!

Comment

Working...
                        X