Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Stupid question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Stupid question

    Sorry to ask this as I'm sure it's an easy one for the more exerianced members.
    I am trying this software out and all seems to go well but what I want to do is have a dialog box pop up when an operation has finished maybe to even say "Finished" how would I write this?

  • #2
    Hi. Check out these examples in the help file for the Dialog.Message action:
    http://www.indigorose.com/webhelp/am...e_Examples.htm

    Comment


    • #3
      Thanks Corey! If I get those training CD's will they go over this stuff?

      Comment


      • #4
        Yes, we use message dialogs in there to track various things. Best is to check out the free sample videos first, that'll give you a good idea of what they contain. Here's a few free samples:

        http://speedytraining.com/site/cd3.php

        Comment


        • #5
          And give Dialog.TimedMessage() a try; a nice feature.

          If you have ordered the training CDís you have something to look forward to. :yes I miss those early mornings when I worked through the CDís. The rest of the family still sleeping; a nice cup of coffee and Corey on the ear. I had to use my earphones otherwise the dogs wanted to take part in the conversation.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by csd214
            And give Dialog.TimedMessage() a try; a nice feature.

            If you have ordered the training CDís you have something to look forward to. :yes I miss those early mornings when I worked through the CDís. The rest of the family still sleeping; a nice cup of coffee and Corey on the ear. I had to use my earphones otherwise the dogs wanted to take part in the conversation.

            Or even Dialog.Message("title", "body");. I use that one all the time to test my stuff.

            Tigg
            TJ-Tigger
            "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
            "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
            Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by TJ_Tigger
              Or even Dialog.Message("title", "body");. I use that one all the time to test my stuff.
              You are not the only one! (Dialog.Message is ďthe onlyĒ action I can use without the Action Wizard; no, the Debug options too!). Corey told about the API MsgBox; I just wanted to add the timed version as suitable for ďa dialog box pop up when an operation has finishedĒ.

              BTW; I really hope your Code Viewer is going to reappear from the ashes! :lol

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by csd214
                BTW; I really hope your Code Viewer is going to reappear from the ashes! :lol
                I posted it to the example forums yesterday. Hopefully it will appear early next week. I have not done anyting extra to it, but I did post the project file and a built file for those who may not have AMS6 to build their own. I will probably post the XML parser as well. I need to revisit he code and make sure that it is commented to some extent so it can be posted as a sample project.

                Tigg
                TJ-Tigger
                "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
                "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
                Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

                Comment

                Working...
                X