Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

Dialog.Folder question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dialog.Folder question

i made a dialog folder that after the user select the folder open a new dialog File that enter to the folder he selected in the dialog folder.
    my question is how can i get the location of the file he selected between the Dialog.Folder to Dialog.File.

for example
    i select the folder "folder" and choose the file "file.exe" in the "tash" folder so the path be like that:

folder//tash//file.exe

the "folder" name he selected in the Dialog.Folder
    the file.exe he selected in the Dialog.File.

I think this is what you're looking for?

http://www.indigorose.com/webhelp/am...e_Examples.htm
    Regards,

-Ron

Music | Video | Pictures

Comment

no dude. its not.
      if someone can help me thats will be great.

RapD.
      :yes

Comment

More details please

Originally posted by RapD
        no dude. its not.
        if someone can help me thats will be great.

RapD.
        :yes
        Can you post part of your project, sample code or explain in more detail you want the actions to do?

I don't quite understand what it is that you are trying to accomplish. If I read correctly it seems like what you want to do is allow the user to select a file within a folder and then extract the full path of the folder where the file is located? If that is the case, look at the String.SplitPath to break apart the full path to the file into a table and you can use the parts to reconstruct the drive and folder to the file.

Tigg
        TJ-Tigger
        "A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
        "Draco dormiens nunquam titillandus."
        Map of IR Forum Users - IR Project CodeViewer - Online Help - TiggTV - QuizEngine

Comment

Working...
        X