This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ™ symbol doesn't appear correclty in text box

Creating a text box in version 3.0 and need to use the Registered symbol and the trademark symbol.

Using the windows character mapper I input the ™ and ® symbols where they need to be in my textbox. However, when they are displayed in AMS3 the registered symbol is fine but the TM only shows what looks like the letter I.

Anyhow, it doesn't work and I am looking for a work around.

Intially I used text and images for my text boxes and symbols but this is very time consuming and was looking forward to the text box feature

Re: ™ symbol doesn't appear correclty in text box

Hi,

Try this:
    Hold down your 'Alt' key and type in '0153'

Hope this works for you™

Comment

Hi,
      One thing that worked for me was that I ran the Character Map, copied the TM from there (In whatever font that you are using) and pasted it into the Text Box Object, and it worked fine.

mark.
      MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

All Right let me clarify....

Yep that is exaclty what I did to create the TM character. Copy and paste as well as the keyboard shortcut

When entering the text for the Text box object(either by importing text or typing it in) the symbol indeed appears correct.

As soon as you exit the properties for the textbox and view the actual text box layout on the screen the character no longer displays correctly. The same is true if I preview the project or build the project.

This is happening on a Windows 2000 machine by the way in case I'm the only crazy one and no one can reproduce this.

On a related note the Registered symbol displays correclty using the same method.

If this does not occur for you my only guess is it is a font issue in that there are many versions of the Arial font floating around and I suppose that is the font AMS3 uses by default for text boxes.

I would be happy to send a screen shot of the Resulting character from the incorrectly displayed trademark character to anyone who supplies me an email address.

[email protected]

Comment

Hi,
          All right, try checking the "Use Custom Font" checkbox, and Selecting the Arial font, or any other font for that matter. I just did this on my WIN 2000 machine and everything worked fine, sorry for not mentioning this step before.

mark.
          MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Working...
          X