This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build Error: Output fonts

I'm using AMS:3 and when I try to preview what I created I get the following error:

Error Copying File:
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another program.

to: C:\windows\temp\menu1.ttf

Has anyone else experienced this? When I preview for the first time, the preview works just fine. When I add more text, or page or just try and preview again, the errors pop up.

Re: Build Error: Output fonts

I have experianced it only once before ...
    If you look in the "Temp dir" you'll find a copy of that font renamed to whatever AMS names it to and it can't be deleted under windows. If you go out of windows to the DOS command line, make your way to that directory, you can then delete the file under dos ... reboot Windows and it should work fine: It worked for me and I've had no problem since.

Comment

Thanks for the fast response. I'll give it a shot!

Comment

Ok, it worked, but briefly. I pressed F5 to preview, then closed the preview. I then pressed F5 again and the error was back. Is there any way to permanently get rid of that menu1.ttf?

Comment

I got something similar. A font I was using on another computer in the UK for a project I burned onto CD came out badly on a different computer in Canada - font was jagged and hard to read, but since I have two computers in my new location in Canada, tried it on another one and it was fine...

Comment

Hi BGR,
            Sorry for taking so long in replying but I just found something. Open up your Registry, START -> RUN -> REGEDIT, look for your fonts, probably found in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURR ENTVERSION\FONTS or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT\CURRENTVERSION\FONTS now you should see a value named: Arial(True Type), now check its data is it "ARIAL.TTF" or "MENU1.TTF"? If it is "MENU1.TTF" rename it to "ARIAL.TTF" and see if that solves your problem.

mark.
            MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Working...
            X