This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing MP3's

Hi Folks ,I'm very new to Autoplay and I need some help with making a CD with it's own built in player.I want a CD that when placed in the CDrom will offer a list of tracks and be able to play them with a mouse click.
    I don't want anything installed on the hard drive everything must run from the disc ,can anyone help or point me to a link ,thanks.

Update ,Ok i should have read the help file didn't realise it had it's own MP3 player with the software ,so I've managed it ,anybody got any hints on this or pitfalls I should look out for ,thanks

[This message has been edited by OKeddy (edited 01-18-2001).]

Re: Playing MP3's

Hi,
    Basically, what you would do is create a TEXT OBJECT (or IMAGE OBJECT) that would be associated to each MP3 on the CD-ROM.
    Now you would create an ACTION on each TEXT OBJECT's MOUSE CLICK event, that action would be: PLAY MP3 FILE or PLAY MP3 FILE REFERNCE. If you want the user to be able to browse the CD-ROM and play the files manually then you would use the PLAY MP3 FILE REFERENCE action. If not you would use the PLAY MP3 FILE action.
    If you want to use PLAY MP3 FILE REFERENCE then your action would look like this: Name: %SrcDrv%\Mp3Filename.MP3. Then when you burn you will just have to make sure that Mp3Filename.MP3 is burnt to the ROOT of your CD-ROM.
    If you want to use the PLAY MP3 FILE action then you will just have to browse for your MP3 and it will be included in your menu automatically, meaning that you will not have to burn it onto the CD-ROM.
    Another thing to note: neither of these methods need the user to install anything on their Hard Drive, they both work strictly off of the CD-ROM.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Hi,
      This is from the User's Guide:
      -----
      Play MP3 Reference
      Plays an MP3 file from your CD-ROM. You are responsible for burning this MP3 file to the proper location on your CD-ROM. It will not be included in the menu's DATA folder automatically as it would if you used the Play MP3 File action.

Play MP3 File
      Plays the selected MP3 file. When using this option, the MP3 file will be built right into your menu's DATA directory. You do not need to include the MP3 file manually on the CD-ROM if you use this action. This is in contrast to the Play MP3 Reference action, where the MP3 file must be burnt onto the CD-ROM manually. Play MP3 File should be used if you want to hide the actual MP3 file from the user so that it cannot be easily found on your CD-ROM.
      -----
      Hopefully this explains the difference between the two actions, and the fact that both actions do not need the user to have anything install or existing on their hard drive.

mark.
      MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Thanks Mark ,I suppose if I want the user to be able to easily extract the files to their hdd (as an option) then I'd better use *mp3 reference* ,I get it now.
        Does this make things more difficult? , having to make sure I burned it to the proper place on the CDrom.

Comment

Hi Mark thanks for the prompt reply ,I've already built but not burned a menu with 3 tracks using *play mp3* ,this seems to me to allow the user to browse and play from the CDrom.
          I'm not sure exactly what this *play mp3 reference* actually means you said that you wouldn't have to burn the mp3 to the root ,do you mean the CD menu would just be a list and you would have to have the mp3's on your hard drive to play them ,sorry but I'm confused on this.

Comment

Working...
          X