This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Playing Detection

I was wondering if there was a way to detect if a sound is currently playing or not. For example, I want to have a button that says music on or off depending on whether or not a mp3 is playing or not. I am able to somwhat accomplish this now, however when the sound stops playing I need to be able to detect this so that it changes the button. If this is not possible, then is there a way to detect the system time or to wait a certain period of time before an action is completed.

Re: Sound Playing Detection

I think what you want is relatively easy. It does not need to detect the music if it is just a toggle switch. Have the on state be original OBJECT and the OFF state be the HIGHLIGHTED OBJECT (off button or whatever you decide to use.) Underneath the OFF button - have the line - CLICK HERE TO HEAR THE MUSIC and on the ON BUTTON have the line - CLICK HERE TO TURN OFF THE MUSIC. I think this is what you are asking...

Comment

No, I already know how to do that. I have it say on or off using the show object and hide object action whenever they click on a button. The problem is that when the song is done playing it still says off(which is supposed to turn the music off). I need a way to detect if the song is playing or a way to wait a certain period of time so that it will show the on button again instead of the off button. That way they can turn the music back on again.

Comment

Hi,
        As far as I know this really is not possible using AutoPlay. There really is no way to tell if a sound has finished playing or not. I have tried to think of a workaround but have yet to come up with one. If I think of something I will be sure to post it.

mark.
        MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Working...
        X