Andromo - Start Making Apps - Free Signup

Announcement

Collapse

New Forum Software

If you're here, you've found the new home for our forums. There will be some bugs to iron out, so thanks for your patience...
See more
See less

CD Keys

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Keys

Is it possible to include the CD key entered by a user in a mailto: command?

eg: mailto:[email protected]?Subject=Help Key=%Key%

I'm creating a CD for internal use only - if somebody gives it out, then i get a support mail, I'd like to track down who issued it!

Thanks

Matthew Walters

Re: CD Keys

Hi,
    The subject part of the mailto command is very software dependant. On my machine I pasted your action into an OPEN URL action, and when I tested it, the subject displayed properly. But I know, from talking to other users, that the subject does not always display properly. In fact I believe that some e-mail program will not accept the subject command at all, regardless if it is from AutoPlay or Internet Explorer.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Thanks Mark. The ?Subject= bit works ok, using MS Outlook - it's the ability to include the CD key / password generated by AutoPlay and entered by the user that i want to export. Is there an internal variable name to store the key the user has entered, without having to resort to a second message box (eg 'Confirm CD Key')?

Thanks

Matthew Walters

Comment

Hi,
        Sorry I misunderstood your question, the password that the user enters in a GET PASSWROD dialog is not saved in a variable. So you will have, as you said, create a second GET INFO dialog to save this information in a variable.

mark.
        MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Working...
        X