This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Extra menu

I'm putting together a cd extra disc with audio tracks and some mpeg videos. I'd like to put together a menu that will start up when the disc is placed in a cd-rom that will allow the user to play the mpegs or select an audio track. i can play the mpegs by opeing the document, but how can i play the cd audio tracks?

thanks

Re: CD Extra menu

Hi,
    Users in the past have tried to use AutoPlay to launch "Audio Tracks" i.e. tracks that play in a normal CD PLAYER, not MP3s or WAVS. As far as I know no one has been able to launch Audio Tracks on all systems.
    I have been able to launch Audio Tracks on WIN 2000 by pointing an OPEN DOCUMENT to something like: %SrcDrv%\Track01.CDA. So you might try using that, I would test this on many different Operating Systems just to make sure that it will always work.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

I read some of the other posts referencing this problem and encountered the same result. when trying to open the document e:\track01.cda, i receive an error stating there is no association for that file type. i am using win98.

Comment

My suggestion is to use mp3's at FM or Near CD quality to keep the size down. Since a CD Extra is played in the computer most listeners will not notice the difference in sound quality, and everyone has some sort of mp3 player.

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks Billy, that is a good suggestion; also keep in mind that AutoPlay has a built-in MP3 player. So even if the user does not have an MP3 player, they will still be able to hear the songs using AutoPlay.

mark.
          MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

space is at a premium. no room on the disk for mp3's. i'll keep working on something

Comment

Working...
            X