This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acrobat 4 and 5

I have a page that looks for the version of Acrobat Reader as 5.0. If %ver% = False then it shows "Click here to install Acrobat 5.0
    That works fine
    but
    after the install the %ver% = True and it shows a link to a .pdf file
    when the user clicks on the link it opens in Adobe 4.0
    I am guessing I need to either find a way to uninstall 4.0 (problems in nt/2k if they are not an administrator) or force the launch in 5.0 which i dont know how to do. Any ideas?

Re: Acrobat 4 and 5

You could use an EXECUTE PROGRAM Action and give it the path to the 5.0 executable. The possible problem with this is that it depends where the user decides to install Acrobat. If they change the installation path, the Execute Program Action will not work.
    Doing a file search to get the path will not work either because if I am not mistaken, the executable is the same name across versions. The search will end as soon as it encounters a file by that name but it may not be the right file.

Maybe someone else has a solution.

------------------
    Sincerely,

Darryl Hnatiuk
    Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

there was a post here earlier on how to run acrobat directly from the CD...

Comment

Yah, the only problem is that doing that prevents some of the features that are very important to these 100's of pdf files (interlinked). Too bad Adobe would never licence an internal viewer in AMS. heh
        -t

Comment

Also, i forgot to mention that when I said "when the user clicks on the link it opens in Adobe 4.0" yeah... that wasnt true. That was a single test and I "thought" I had installed 5.0 but I really hadnt. Installing 5.0 wo/ uninstalling 4.0 does not remove the registry keys for 4.0 but the pdf liks DO open with 5.0.
          Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X