This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 disk sets

I Sthere a way to combine 2 disks with the same menu.... Example... MIcrosoft does disk swapping as we all are aware of. IS it possible to link up 2 disks with the same menu. I have more than 650 megs to put on a disk and I would like to use 2 disks with one main disk as the launching pad. What can I do to make this a viable option?

Re: 2 disk sets

I believe I may have stated this in an earlier post, but since I'm not sure if I came across clear, I'll try to explain it again here. Basically, what I did to test this (as I don't need to do it), was to creat ONE MENU (just one), but spread the files across 2 CDs and use the same menu for both of them. Let's use the pages from my CD for an example. The pages I have are:

Main (launching pad, same for both)
    System Installs (runs from CD 1)
    Internet Installs (also CD 1)
    Utilities (Asks for CD 2, then jumps to page when click OK)
    Drivers and Updates (same as Utilities)

Ok, on one CD I would put the System Installs and Internet Installs. Burn that with the full menu. On CD 2 I would put Utilities and Drivers & Updates and burn that will the full CD. Now, the key here is interchangibility. When you click on System Installs from Main for example, it should just jump to that page. Same with Internet Installs. But, if you click on Utilities from Main (CD 1), it should ask you to insert CD 2. Swap CD's, click OK and voila. You're now able to access the programs on CD 2. If you click to go back to Main from Utilities (or Drivers and Updates), it should ask you for CD 1 again. Hope this makes sense to you. If not, let me know and I'll try to make it a little more detailed. Good luck.

Comment

Yes it makes sense just wondering if there are any special variables to use withing the click events?

Comment

Well, one thing you could do to make sure they've got the right CD in the drives when they click OK, is to create some empty files on the CD's with specific names. Like "CD1.CD" and "CD2.CD" (suggested names).

On the mouse click to switch to a menu on the OTHER CD, you would create a variable to look for that file on the other CD. If that file isn't found when they click OK, it would jump back to the Please Insert Disk (#) message again, or just go back to the menu they were on. Otherwise, if they clicked OK but didn't switch CD's, they would have the menu up for the other CD, but none of the links would work (as they're not on that CD). Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X