• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Data Base

Does AMS3 have database capabilities?

Re: Data Base

Hi,

The short answer is NO, AutoPlay does not have any database capabilities, but if you outline what you want to do someone might be able to provide you with more information.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Mark-
      Thanks for your reply! I have a client that has 250-300 commercial buildings. Each has It's own contacts. The database would have the contact information for each building. So, the end user would type in the building they are in and the contact information for that building would pop up!

Comment

Mark,

This is an excellent idea. I have been wanting to do this also. Since we are on the subject, it would be incredible to be able to write to a specific table and field in an SQL or Access database and read back the information in version 4.0.

Nick

Comment

Exactly njlech! To be able to use Access, Excel or even from text. I’m now using a program called V12 Data Base Engine that takes data from Access, Excel etc. and turns them into verbiage it (V12) can understand and allows you to use it in Director. This would really be the poop! Almost everything I do in Director requires a database of some sort. This would be huge for AutoPlay!

Comment

Hi,

So do you have a database that you want to work with? Or do you want to implement a "database like" system in AutoPlay?

Perhaps you could use and Execute Program action and pass the Main Database application a command line parameter that would open the database at a specific location?

Bruce, perhaps you could supply some more implementation details?

mark.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion; we will look into implementing this in AutoPlay 4.0.

mark.

Comment

Working...
              X