This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• assigning a file to a checkbox

Say I have 12 files for a project, but they are all standalone files.

I click on the "Screen Manager" icon and select "Add a new screen". I then select the "Check box 12" screen.

How do I attach each of my files to the correct check box?

Thanks in advance.

K

------------------

Re: assigning a file to a checkbox

Hi,
    Well what you do is assign a variable to each check box, probable something like:
    %FileName%. Now, when one of the checkboxes is checked it will set the variable to: "Checked", the default is "Unchecked".
    Now on the main screen select the file that %FileName% refers to, and double click to get the File Properties. Go to the Conditions tab, and add a new Boolean Condition. Your Boolean condition will be:
    "%FileName% = Checked". What this does is it says do not install this file unless this variable equals Checked. Simply do this for all of the files and everything should work out fine.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Re: assigning a file to a checkbox

Hey Mark, thanks a lot for your help!

Take care.

goingMad

Originally posted by Mark:
      Hi,
      Well what you do is assign a variable to each check box, probable something like:
      %FileName%. Now, when one of the checkboxes is checked it will set the variable to: "Checked", the default is "Unchecked".
      Now on the main screen select the file that %FileName% refers to, and double click to get the File Properties. Go to the Conditions tab, and add a new Boolean Condition. Your Boolean condition will be:
      "%FileName% = Checked". What this does is it says do not install this file unless this variable equals Checked. Simply do this for all of the files and everything should work out fine.

mark.

Comment

Working...
      X