This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows ME

Can Setup Factory install on Windows ME? I heard there may be problems with access to the registry.

Erwin

Re: Windows ME

Hi,
    As far as I know Setup Factory is fully compatible with Windows ME. I have heard of some registry problems with Windows ME but I do not believe that they affect Setup Factory. Has anyone had any problems that seem specific to Windows ME when using Setup Factory?

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Well, it seems to work well on Win ME.

Erwin

Comment

Running the same setup on w2k and wme:
        w2k: all works fine
        wme: doesn't add anything in the shortcut folder.

Comment

Hi,
          That was actually an error in 5.0.1.2 the newest version 5.0.1.3 (available at: http://www.indigorose.com/update.html ) has fixed this problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

mark.

Comment

I have had ttf fonts fail to install on Windows ME. Tyey install OK manually, but fail when installed from Setup Factory.

Comment

Hi,
              I just tried to install a TRUE TYPE FONT on a WIN ME machine and it worked fine. What seems to happen when you try to install fonts and they fail? Is the problem that the fonts do not get registered? Is their destination set to %FontDir%? Do certain fonts work and others fail? Or do they all fail for you? If you have an example of a font that fails perhaps you could send it to me so that I can test it over on my end. Or you could send me your project file so that I could take a look at it.

mark.

Comment

Working...
              X