This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with creating shortcuts

I am testing this software and one of the potential uses involves creating a shortcut on the desktop that will launch several MS Access related files. I am coming accross 2 problems
    i) It puts quotes ("") around the Target File line which (...and I don't know why) stops the shortcut working
    ii) it removes a \ from my target address. e.g. the target contains a relative address (on a lan)
    \\abc12345\databasefolder\database.mdb
    However, SF turns the line into
    "\abc12345\databasefolder\database.mdb"
    If I take away the quotes and add the extra \ it works fine.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

Dan

Re: Problems with creating shortcuts

Hi,
    What version of Setup Factory are you using 5.0.1.3? I just tested this out on my system and it worked properly. If you do not have the newest version please go here: http://www.indigorose.com/setup/update.html and download the update to the newest version.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Re: Problems with creating shortcuts

I have figured it out - partly my fault, although SF was a little confusing.
      The shortcut launches several files simulateneously - hence the target file line is quite long. In windows I have to put the whole of this line into the target line field, but in SF (v5.013) it only works if I put the first target file into the target file field and refer to the rest of the files from the command line field.
      Dan

Comment

Working...
      X