This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Common Controls version checking

I need to check the version of the common controls at install time. I can't use your automatic version checking during install functionality.

Common controls are supposed to be installed by running the common control upgrade from microsoft. So, what I want is the installer to launch a url to the microsoft upgrade site _if_ the user doesn't have at least the version of common controls my app requires.

I searched your message board for anything with "common controls" in it and found nothing. I looked all through the interface for version checking (variables, etc.).

This is pretty basic functionality and I'm surprised that common controls isn't under runtime support.

Re: Common Controls version checking

Hi!
    For what reason you cannot use the standard version checking Advanced->Variables->File Search Variables->New->Store this in Variable->Product Version string?
    But anyway think you may use also the CRC check. And if you have different versions of, say, comctl32.dll, you may calculate their CRC and use it instead of version checking.
    Hope it helps.
    Regards,
    Gennady.

[This message has been edited by gena (edited 02-04-2001).]

Comment

Working...
    X