This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• read path from registry

During setup i need to check if a pdf reader is installed.If not OK ! But if it is i have to read from the registry the path to the executable (exemple "c:\...\AcroRd32.exe")
    and and store in some bat file... How can i do this ?

------------------

Re: read path from registry

Hi,
    The following key contains the path to the file: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\App Paths\AcroRd32.exe for Acrobat Reader and: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\App Paths\Acrobat.exe for the full version. The path information is stored in the (Default) value. So you can read this information into a variable and then output it to your BAT file, using a TEXT FILE command.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Re: read path from registry

Mark, I read your reply with great interest. Is there also a way to determine specifically:

1. whether a user has an earlier version of Acrobat than 4.0;
      2. whether they have Acrobat 4.0 Reader with Search rather than the plain vanilla Reader? I'm delivering our product on CD, with indexes attached to the PDF files. In order to take advantage of the indexes, users must have the Search plug-in installed. How could I determine (a) what version of Reader they have and, (b) if version 4.0, whether it is Reader with Search?

BB

Comment

Working...
      X