This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install product version from file resource

Is it possible to have the General Design Version field to be automatically filled in by taking the file resource of one of the deliverable files? At the moment I have to remember to set this by hand. I notics that the file properties list shows this version info but I can't find a variable that holds this information.

Re: Install product version from file resource

Hi,
    I'm slightly confused as to what you want to do. Do you want to use variables to automatically fill in the fields in the General Design? This would be possible although I feel that exactly what you want to do will be impossible. I.E. reading the file version information from a file archived in the SETUP and then using that as the Product Version.
    If you were to include a file on the CD-ROM tab, and then perform a FILE SEARCH for that file, storing the PRODUCT VERSION STRING in your Variable. Then using that variable as the Product version; this would accomplish the functionality that you want. But I believe that this is a far more complicated solution then simply typing the version in each time you create an installation.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Re: Install product version from file resource

Thanks for the reply. You're right.

Comment

Working...
      X