This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using response from a program during install

The data we install is tagged with a serial number that has to agree with the number on a hardlock dongle to work.
    We have developed a program that tests data on the CD against the dongle. My problem is I don't know how read the information our program returns and us it in my setup.
    What I want to do:
    1) Before install, run our check program.
    2) If our check program finds a problem and returns "Bad key number" I want to quit the installation. Otherwise continue.

How do I get my program's response back to use in the installation?

Re: Using response from a program during install

Hi,

There is no way to interpret or store "return values" in Setup Factory. But if you could get your program to write the "return value" into the registry or an INI file, Setup Factory would be able to read that information in and then use it.

The only problem with this method is that Setup Factory can only read from the registry or INI files when the installation is initializing. So you would have to run your program, which would right the information into the registry or an INI file, launch your installation, which would read that information in and the proceed accordingly.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Working...
    X