X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lorne
    replied
    Re: Boolean Condition

Another solution might be to give the variable a non-blank default value (like "UNKNOWN" or "NOT STORED" or something) and check for that default value instead.

Leave a comment:

• calvin
    replied
    Re: Boolean Condition

The best way which I feel is checking for a particular registry key rathe than the variable in the key...there is an option for boolean depending upon the key present or not in the registry, I have implemented it ..it works fine,,basically in settings ->variables->registry variables there is an option called set variable to true if sub key exists just check tha box..U can diaplay ur upgrade screen depending upon that.

-vamsi

Leave a comment:

• nancyp
    started a topic Boolean Condition

Boolean Condition

I wanted to present two different Install Folder Screens. One for a New Installation and one for an upgrade.

I tried to add a Boolean Condition that tested to see if %LastAppDir% is blank. This is stored in the Registry.

for the New installation I put:

%LastAppDir% =

and left the value part blank. Since the registry would not be loaded for a new installation yet. It did not work.

On the Upgrade I put,

%LastAppDir% <>

Where again the value was blank. I could not find any examples to see if I needed more in the Value to get it to work correctly.

I checked for the upgrade first and since it will assign a %LastAppDir% the New install folder screen should not execute.

Hope someone can help.

BTW - are there any sample projects or tutorials with samples. My installation was downloaded and did not have any sample .sf5 files to review.

Nancy
Working...
X