This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF6 - %ProgramFiles% variable set to TRUE

The %ProgramFiles% variable is expanded at runtime to "TRUE". This screws up the Install Folder dialog as it uses %ProgramFiles% to build the "install to" path.

Has anyone else seen this? I can't believe no-one else has reported it if they have!

Regards,
    Duggy.

Re: SF6 - %ProgramFiles% variable set to TRUE

Hi,

This does not happen on my system, are you sure that you are not setting %ProgramFiles% in an action?

Try putting %ProgramFiles% as the text of each of your screens so that you can see when %ProgramFiles% is being set to TRUE.

Is %ProgramFiles% set to TRUE right at the beginning?

What Operating System are you running on?

Does this error occur in multiple projects? Try starting a brand new project and put %ProgramFiles% on the Welcome Screen, is it set properly? What does it get set to when you preview the screen during design-time?

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Re: SF6 - %ProgramFiles% variable set to TRUE

Scratch that! I had created a set of packages that set various variables if selected: %LibraryFiles%, %IncludeFiles% and, you guessed it, %ProgramFiles%!

I am an idiot!
      I am an idiot!
      I am an idiot!

:-)

Regards,
      Duggy.

Joking aside, it would be useful to be warned on clicking OK in a dialog if there was a danger of one of the 'system-related' variables was in danger of being redefined, %ProgramFiles%, %WinDir%, etc. :-)

Comment

Working...
      X