X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Newbie

no kidding.

I just bought my latest software toy - Setup Factory 6.0. Folks, I know very little about this stuff so bear with me.

About six months ago, I had a programmer build a program for me. He agreed to fix bugs over a few months after he delivered the source code to me. I know nothing about programming (please, don't harange me about buying Setup Factory). Every now and then, he sends me a new exe file to replace the old with the updates.

I bought Setup Factory to make it easier to install the exe file. I have a number of my customers that use my program and I want to send them a setup file to install the exe folder.

I can't figure out what to plug in on the line for the Default install folder. If my users didn't change the location of the original install file, it should be found in Program Files in a folder called LawTrust

Can anyone help me with instructions so that I can build the setup file to install the update exe files into and over the top of the old exe file?

Thank you. I have been watching this board over the last week or so, I sure wish I had the knowledge about this stuff that you guys have. Where the heck did you guys learn all this stuff?

Re: Real Newbie

I can't figure out what to plug in on the line for the Default install folder. If my users didn't change the location of the original install file, it should be found in Program Files in a folder called LawTrust
    In General Design / Settings:

%AppDir% (Default installation path): %ProgramFiles%\LawTrust
    %SCFolderTitle% (Default shortcut folder): LawTrust

Can anyone help me with instructions so that I can build the setup file to install the update exe files into and over the top of the old exe file?
    Add the file in the main screen (Ins key, "add" symbol or Edit / Add files...). No further changes to the default settings of the file are required. This way the existing file will be overwritten if it is older or same age as the one in your setup program.

Where the heck did you guys learn all this stuff?
    Take an hour and read the manual from begin to end (even if you dont understand everything in first place). Then go through the manual again and TRY OUT everything. More information is available also in the online help.

[This message has been edited by pit (edited 11-30-2001).]

Comment

Re: Real Newbie

Thank you Pit. I will give your instructions a shot. Honestly, I didn't know there was an instruction manual since I bought this on-line. I found it.

Thanks.

Will

Comment

Working...
      X