Clear All

• FAQ: Setup Factory 5.0 Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ: Setup Factory 5.0 Frequently Asked Questions

FAQ: Setup Factory 5.0 Frequently Asked Questions

Document ID: IR01004
    The information in this article applies to:
    • Setup Factory 5.0

SUMMARY

This is a list of frequently asked questions relating to Setup Factory 5.0. Please note that this list will be updated on a regular basis.

DISCUSSION

Q: How do I create an install that will run on Windows 3.1?
    A: Setup Factory 5.0 does not create 16-bit Windows 3.1 installs. It creates setups that are compatible with Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows NT and Windows 2000. If you want to create a 16-bit install, please use Setup Factory 4.0 which does an excellent job at creating 16-bit installations. Registered users of Setup Factory 5.0 are entitled to a free copy of Setup Factory 4.0. Please contact [email protected] for details.

Q: How do I make sure that I am using the latest version of Setup Factory?
    A: You can always find out what version of Setup Factory that you are using by selecting Help | About from the menu. The version number is located in the bottom right corner of the About screen. To find out what the latest available version is, make sure that you are connected to the Internet and select Help | Check for Update from the menu. This will take you to a Web page that will tell you the latest available version and how to get the new version.

Q: How do I use my Setup Factory 4.0 projects in Setup Factory 5.0?
    A: Although you cannot directly load your Setup Factory 4.0 projects into Setup Factory 5.0, there is a project file converter available. This project converter is distributed with Setup Factory 5.0. It is in the Setup Factory 5.0 directory and is called convert40.exe. Simply run this file and follow the instructions on the screen. Please note that although the converter program does a good job, you will still need to adjust some of the settings within your project. Most notably, you will want to go to the Screen Manager and re-format the text on your screens. As always, be sure to thoroughly test your install before distribution.

Q: How do I use my own images for the setup's screens?
    A: To include your own images in the setup's screens, go to the Screen Manager, select a screen and select your image in the Bitmap File property of the Dialog object. For best results, use a 256 color image that is 135 x 258 pixels.

Q: Why don't the buttons on the install screens appear in the local language that I chose in the Language Manager?
    A: The buttons on the install screens ("Next", "Back", "Cancel") are not set by the language module file that you selected in the Language Manager. There are Next Button, Back Button and Cancel Button objects for each screen in the Screen Manager that are used to set this text. Simply set the Text property to be the text that you want to appear on the button. Setup Factory was designed this way because there are times that you may want the buttons to say something that conveys a different meaning to your user. For example, on the "Ready to Install" screen, it makes more sense to have an "Install" button instead of a "Next" button.

Q: Setup Factory does not ship with a language module for my language. What should I do?
    A: We have tried to include as many language modules as possible with Setup Factory. If you find that the one you need is absent, please do the following:

1. Make sure that you are using the most recent version of Setup Factory 5.0. Please see the question, "How do I make sure that I am using the latest version of Setup Factory?" above for details.
    2. Go to http://www.indigorose.com/setup to see if any new language modules are available.
    3. If you cannot find the language support that you need using the above two methods, you can create your own language module. To learn how to do this, please read the chapter "Multilingual Installations" in the Setup Factory 5.0 User's Guide. If you do not have the User's Guide, you can download it in Adobe Acrobat format from the Indigo Rose Corporation Web site.

KEYWORDS: FAQ

Last reviewed: October 10, 2002
    Copyright 2002 Indigo Rose Corporation. All rights reserved.
Working...
X