This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• File Progress Declarations

I guess I am asking for something here which not many users want..but you never know.

It is very useful to see the file progress as the filesets are installed etc.

However, is it possible to give headings to these:
    e.g.
    At the moment I see (using my project)
    Installing
    C:\Program Files\...\premiere.dx5
    Installing
    C:\Program Files\...\x5dll.dll etc...

What would be nice is to see:

Installing Database
    C:\Program Files\...\premiere.dx5
    Installing Dynamic Link Libraries
    C:\Program Files\...\x5dll.dll etc...

I hope I've explained this ok!!

Regards
    Chris

Re: File Progress Declarations

Hi,

Right now there is no way to have that much control over the progress screen. The only customization that you can do, currently, is by editing the [PROGRESS] section in your language files. This will not give you the depth of control that you want, but it will allow you some customization.

mark.
    MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Thanks Mark.
      You say 'Right now'... would it be something that the development team would consider providing other users enquired about it.

Comment

Actually, there is a workaround that you can use to do something pretty darn close to what you asked...but it involves a bit of work.

The message IDs in the english.lng file are actually handled internally as variables...so, you can change the messages at run time by assigning different values to the IDs.

Of course, you can't perform actions during the part of the installation process when the files from the Archive and CD-ROM tabs are installed...so you wouldn't be able to change the message dynamically during that stage. BUT, you could use Install File actions to install all your files -- or at least the files that you want to give fancy progress messages to -- and use Assign Value actions to change the value of MSG_PROG_INSTALLING_FILE before each Install File action.
        --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Thanks Lorne for this.
          It certainly sounds an interesting idea. Will have a go and see what I come up with.
          Cheers
          Chris

Comment

Hi there.

I have a database I am trying to access that an old employee did here. The files end with .dx6, .lxd, .rxd. What program do I have to use to view the data in these tables? I think it also uses x5dll.dll - that's why I'm posting it here.

I'm unsure if you use a program called 'Reflex'. But everything I find about reflex is ancient.

Any help would be great as I'm really confused and trying hard to access this database.

Thanks

Darren

Comment

zeen
              Have pm'ed you as its probably of no relevance to this forum.
              Regards

Comment

Working...
              X