X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jump to a Screen

Hi everyone,

it's been a while but now I have a new problem. I'm not sure if there has been any topic before on this but here it goes.
    Is there any way that I can jump to a specific screen in a setup at run time.

For example: A user has to give his username and password, the info is then passed to a web based page which checks the info and returns a value. If the passed info was OK then the setup should proceed, otherwise a screen should appear where the user can ether choose to register as anew user or try again.

Maybe not the best explained example but I hope you get the idea.

Thankful for any response

Patrik Nordberg

Re: Jump to a Screen

You can't explicitly jump to certain screens, although you can simulate this sort of functionality as long as you are moving forward in the screen sequence. On every screen there is a Boolean condition that determines whether or not that screen will be displayed to the user at runtime. You can therefore "show" some screens and "hide" others based on the values of some variables. Hope this helps.

------------------
    Sincerely,

Darryl Hnatiuk
    Indigo Rose Corporation

Comment

I know hove the conditions works for the screens. What I needed to do was just as you explained that you can't do - Jumping back to a screen.

This could be something to think about in a future update.

/Patrik

Comment

i can't seem to find this "Hide" option at the screen level--is it available in v 6.0?

Comment

Go to Design->Screens
          Double click one of the screens to view it's properties dialog.
          Click the Settings tab
          At the bottom you will see a field labeled "Screen Condition". In order to "show" a screen at runtime, you would create some sort of condition. If that condition results in True, the screen will be displayed. If the condition results to False, the screen will not be displayed at runtime.

Note: If there is no condition at all, the screen will be displayed.

Hope that helps, and I have interpreted your question correctly.

Comment

Working...
          X