Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for 2nd CD...install error

Hi

I've created my "setup", burnt it to CD, run it to test & got the message to insert the 2nd CD

Doing a search of the board I see I'm not the 1st [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

here here & here

I also noticed there was never a solution posted, was one ever found?

BTW...I've noticed it's only happen's when creating LARGE setup's
    I'm using v5 updated to 1.6

Re: Looking for 2nd CD...install error

Just a suggestion to try... try creating an archive setup file (one .exe file) and running it that way... see if it still gives you the same error...

Comment

Thanks for giving it some thought Ethics..I appreciate it [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

However, I tried it that way, then burnt it to CD (2x even) & still the same [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

I had a report of the same issue from a QA run on our game - from a single setup.exe burnt to a CD. They apparently got around it by swopping the CD-ROM drive for another model (??) - so maybe it happens when the drive has trouble reading from the disc?

Paul

Comment

Hi,

This problem occurs when (for whatever reason) the installation cannot find all of the information that it needs. This is why it asks for the second disc, because it is looking for the remaining data.

Sometimes this is caused by an unfinished download, or a CD burnt in a format the drive does not support. Most of the time when this error occurs your user will need a new copy of the installation.

mark.
          MSI Factory The Next Generation Intelligent Setup Builder

Comment

Hi Bushy,

How large is your installation? Are you creating an installation log file? If so what does the log file say about the error? Where is the installation when the error occurs?

You can create log files in Setup Factory 5.0 under: Settings -> General Design -> Settings Tab

mark.

Comment

Thanks paulroberts & Mark

Turn's out Nero didn't like me making the disk a Multi-Session, I removed a couple of shareware app's from the package & gave it 50mb instead of 30mb breathing space, now all is fine [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi,

Glad to hear that everything worked out properly.

mark.

Comment

Working...
                X