IF / END IF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF / END IF

I am new at this. So please bear with me....
    Using SUF6..
    I want to check for the operating system NT4 or W2K and perform the action of closing a program or executing a program from the %TempLaunchDir% depending on the OS. I am using the following statements in the "Screen Properties 'After'" tab of the Welcome screen:-

IF (%IsWIN2000% = TRUE)
    Close Program (Program "pnrimport70.exe",Force termination)
    Close Program (Program "eclipse.exe",Prompt user)
    END IF
    IF (%IsWINNT4% = TRUE)
    Execute %TempLaunchDir%\kill.exe
    Close Program (Program "eclipse.exe",Prompt user)
    END IF

In both cases when installing on the relevant OS. According to the logfile the OS variable =TRUE, but none of the commands following the IF statement run.
    Am I missing something basic?

Re: IF / END IF

What version of SF are you use?

Comment

Are you sure that specific Welcome screen is being shown? (If you have more than one of them, perhaps for a multilingual install?)

Are you sure the actions are not being performed? (If the OS variables are true, then those actions should definitely be performed.) Try setting user notification to "Verbose" on the On Error tab for each of those actions, so you can see if any errors are occurring. You could also insert a "Show Message Box" action in each IF block to see if the actions in the block are being "reached."

Also, are you sure about the program names? You might want to try using the other options (full path and filename, or Window name) to identify the program you want to close.
      --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Thanks Lorne,
        Tried your idea of using the message boxes and was able to fix the problem....

Comment

You're welcome. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Ancient Programmer's Trick: 1
          Squirrely Problem: 0

Comment

Maybe I am just missing something here...

When trying to run a setup in Silent Mode, it doesn't appear to prompt the "Show Message Box" actions.

Alternatively, I have TRIED switching silent mode OFF on the SAME setup, and the message box appears??

How do I go about having a message box/yes or no prompt appear while running in silent mode?

Maybe I'm missing something, but to me, Silent Mode shouldn't mean disallowing a form of communication (custom message prompts) to the user.

If this is a bug, I opt to enable message boxes during silent mode setups.... or am I asking for something that is altogether unattainable?

Mike

Comment

I asked the same question during development, Mike. [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif[/img] But silent mode was originally requested as more of a "fully automatic" mode. Think of it as an absolutely silent mode, no prompting, nothing...run it in silent mode, and nothing will appear, at all.

Perhaps in a future version we might break it into two modes, one that prevents screens from being displayed, and one that prevents message boxes from being displayed...or maybe we'll add an option to the Show Message Box action to make it display even in silent mode.

In any case, for now you must make assumptions for the user whenever silent mode is enabled.

Comment

Working...
              X