Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a bug in SUF6

I think I found a bug in SUF6.
    If you add files to the CD-ROM Tab and set the property Disable CRC check but leave the Install-Time Attributes to Use original then these files gets the read only attribute set when they are installed. In other words you have to set Install-Time Attributes manually.

I’m not sure, this could be the intended idea but then there is big lack in information on this feature.

Hope to hear something from anyone on IndigoRose

/Patrik

Re: Found a bug in SUF6

Files have the Read-only attribute set when you burn them onto a CD. That's caused by the file system, and is totally beyond Setup Factory's control.

Setup Factory is doing exactly what you told it to: install the files with their original attributes (at the time of installation!) intact.
    --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

This is a quote from the SUF6 manual on the Use original option under Install-Time Attributes:

“If checked, the attributes of the source file will be preserved when the file is installed. If unchecked, you must specify the attributes for the installed file.”

Where does it indicate that with “source” you mean runtime source and not local source?
      For me, the most obvious would be to assume you meant the local source since it’s usually the attributes of that source which you want to preserve.

/Patrik

PS. I’m not trying to be a pain in the a**, I just want to argue my case.

Comment

I just wanted to use this quote as well:

“This section allows you to specify the attributes of the file when it is installed on the user’s system. By default, the Use Original option will be selected. This will ensure that the file's attributes will be the same on the user’s system as on yours.”

Here it definitely indicates that if you leave the option Use original checked, the attributes would be set the same as the local source (“This will ensure that the file's attributes will be the same on the user’s system as on yours”).

/Patrik

Comment

And that's 100% true for files on the Archive tab. But files on the CD-ROM tab are not the responsibility of Setup Factory at all...you're assumed to get them to where they need to go, and Setup Factory grabs them from there. Hence the implicit run time aspect.

If it bugs 'ya, just use an action to set the attributes for the files. Or you could always ship on floppies... [img]/ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
          --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
          X