Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

forward slashes are replaced with backward slashes????.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forward slashes are replaced with backward slashes????.

How do you create a forward slash???? Setup Factory always replaces my forward slashes with backward slashes.

I use the command "Create Shortcut" to create a shortcut for starting MS Access with additional startup parameters. Unfortunately MS Access expects the additional parameters to be separated by forward slashes!
    Any idea?

Thanks
    Christiam

Re: forward slashes are replaced with backward slashes????.

I have a few questions for you:

What build of the product are you using, found under HELP->ABOUT SETUP FACTORY? The current build is 6.0.1.2.

What OS(s) are you experiencing this behaviour on?

What is the exact command line argument(as displayed in the Command line arguments field) you are using so I can test it on my end?

Comment

Hi Darryl,

thanks for your quick reply.
      Platform is Windows XP with Setup Factory 6.0.0.4

Command:
      Create Shortcut
      with the following settings:

Folder:
      %SCFolderPath%

Target File:
      "%MSAccessInstallVar%\MSACCESS.EXE" "%AppDir%\Projectplaning_Tool.mdb" "//wrkgrp" "%AppDir%\res\DatenbankSicherung.mdw"

where variable %MSAccessInstallVar% is created beforehand using command "Read From Registry"
      When running setup the shortcut is created. The problem occurs with "//wrkgrp". Here Setup Factory replaces // with \ no matter what I try.
      Any ideas?

thanks

Comment

The first thing you should do is update your software to the current build 6.0.1.2 by going to HELP->CHECK FOR UPDATE.

I believe what is causing your problem is that you are including your command command line arguments in the "Target file" field, rather than just the program path. Anything you are passing to that application must be placed in the "Command line arguments" field to be interpreted as such. Therefore take the following string out of your "Target file" field:

"%AppDir%\Projectplaning_Tool.mdb" "//wrkgrp" "%AppDir%\res\DatenbankSicherung.mdw"

and place it in the "Command line arguments" field.

If this was not the case update your software and let me know if it is still occurring.

Comment

Working...
        X