No announcement yet.

is there a way to format listbox items?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there a way to format listbox items?

i was wondering, i'm working on a dynamic listbox that's come along very nicely, except that i have the size of the files listed as the last item in the list, and i'd like to have the filesize at the very end of the available space, is this possible?? in other words, i have each file numbered, and titled, which is lining up appropriately on the left side, but the filesize is always a specific number of spaces from the file title, which makes it not line up, so i need the filesize flush w/ the right side of the box...

Re: is there a way to format listbox items?

I'm sorry, there's no built-in method of aligning the text options in the List Box screen. However you could likely accomplish it with a bunch of actions.

Basically what you would have to do is pad the string with blank spaces in between your text for each option.
    This would require some string concatenation, and calculating the number of spaces needed for each string in the list at runtime. I believe that it is possible, however would likely turn out to be a fair amount of work.

Hope that helps.

Comment

i remember in c++ at some point that you can make text line up and count a certain number of spaces from the right, etc... is that not possible? i know the installer is based on c++... OR, if i were to code something in C++ and then include that w/ the installer, would that possibly work? or am i making a bunch of nonsense?

Comment

I haven't taken a look at the code, but I assume that the List Box screen uses an MFC List Box control. It's likely possible programmatically to add this sort of funtionality as far as formatting the appearance of the items, however that would need to be incorporated into the product.

At this point, no, it's not possible to modify this functionality as a user, it would need to be coded into the product in order to accept and handle alternate formatting.

However, I'll add your suggestion to our database for consideration in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X