Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• install on multiple CD's with media on cd-rom tab

Hi,
    I have an application with media spanning over 2 CD's. Is it possible to make a small setup that copies the media on both CD's onto users harddrive? Media must remain uncompressed on CD if user wants to run application directly from CD. But if user wants, application will install on harddrive.

Note: I don't want the media files to be compressed and stored in the setup executable. I don't want one setup.exe file that is 635 MB and a setup.2-file that is 260 MB. Because I only have 2 CD's to work with!

Hope somebody understands my problem.

regards /desperate_newbie

Re: install on multiple CD's with media on cd-rom tab

Hi,

No, I'm sorry, that is not possible with Setup Factory 6.0. Yes you can span multiple CD's with an archived installation, however you cannot span multiple CD's with all of the files available on the CD-ROM.

I believe that it would succeed eventually, however the user would be presented with a series of files that cannot be found and would be prompted to insert another disk, however there would be multiple CD swapping before it completed. The end result isn't very attractive.

I believe your only option is to create two installations, one that is launched from each CD.

Comment

Working...
    X