automatically created shortcuts for .exe files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• automatically created shortcuts for .exe files

I've deactivated all automatic shortcuts (for .exe, etc) in edit|preferences but a shortcut in the startup-->programs-->shortcuts folder is created anyway. Is there also some other place where I should deactivate an automatic shortcut creation? For now I'm working around the problem by manually deleting the shortcut with an action after installation, but this is kludgy. How can I can keep the shortcut from getting created in the first place?

Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Re: automatically created shortcuts for .exe files

I was able to solve my own problem by deleting the standard "ready to install" screen from my list of screens. The unwanted shortcut to the .exe file is now no longer created. But it isn't obvious why this should make a difference, as nothing in the "ready to install" screen says that such a shortcut will be created.....

Comment

Re: automatically created shortcuts for .exe files

The setting in Edit->Preferences will only affect files that are added to the project after that setting has been modified, so it will not modify any files that you have already added to the project. So if you already have files added to the project, you would go to the file properties dialog, "Shortcut" tab for each of the files and uncheck the option to create the shortcut. You can see all files that have shortcuts set to be created by looking under the "Shortcut" column of your list of files in the archive.

I don't believe that removing the "Ready to install" screen had any actual affect, that shouldn't make any difference. There may have been some remnants on your system from previous tests as far as the shortcuts go.

Comment

Working...
      X