Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• locating a folder on the users hard drive

Howdy,

I need to install some shockwave xtras into the users shockwave folder on their C drive. Is there a function within setup factory that will allow me to locate the shockwave xtras folder?

I ask because depending upon the version of windows the user is running the shockwave xtras folder is in a different place.

many thanks,

rise4peace

Re: locating a folder on the users hard drive

No, I'm sorry, it is not possible to search for a folder. However you can search for files, therefore are there any files in particular that will always exist in that location? If there are you can search for that file and then parse the result for the folder path.

You may also want to take a look at any Registry entries that Shockwave makes. You may find some path information there.

Hope that helps.

Comment

I am not 100% sure on this, so I'd take a look through a couple different OSs registry's, but if you look under this Key in the registry

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Uninstall\Shockwave

The UninstallString less the Unwise.exe will give you the folder the Xtras folder is in.

Best of luck

Comment

Thanks Guys! I'll give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
        X