Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions

My install procedure has been working fine but recently a few users have received this message at the end of the setup. The setup installs a VB program using the mdac. Any ideas why I get this message?

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions

My guess is that this is caused by the Windows File Protection feature that protects system critical files. You can find further information on the topic at the following URLs:

Click Here

And Here

Have you been able to replicate the problem on the same OS?
    Do the user's have administrative permissions?
    If you can replicate the problem, you may want to try removing some components to try to narrow down the cause.

Comment

Re: Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions

If I am simply installing the VB files generated by Setup Factory and MDAC install which is microsoft, why would I be installing over protected files?

Comment

We'll definitely need a lot more specific information about your install to comment on the problem. For example:

1) I assume from your description you are using the Visual Basic Project scanner to determine what dependencies your application needs?

2) What VB runtime support module are you including? 5, 6?

3) Are you using one of our MDAC runtime support modules, or are you launching it on your own?

4) Are you sure that all of the files in your list are supported on each of your target platforms? I ask this because some system files are OS specific.

5) What OS's does this occur on?

6) Have you been able to replicate the problem on your end? If not, that's an important step in determining what the cause may be.

Comment

Working...
        X