lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost

any one have a demo file that would be willing to share that will help me with this code stuff or scripting or what ever it is....I am so lost.....help

Re: lost

sorry that is a sf6 file I mean.

Comment

Have you tried watching the quicktime video tour at setupfactory.com? That will clear up most of everything for you.

Corey Milner
      Creative Director, Indigo Rose Software

Comment

what I need is a teacher....lol....thanks for the links I will check them out

Comment

Well Cory I checked out what you gave me and I am still lost ... my trouble is scripting ... that is why I asked for a file to review so I could get an idea .... well maybe someone has a old one that really isn't about anything. I am trying to package a screensaver as a demo and full version with SN input to install the full version. I have no idea what I am doing wrong....wish help files were made with some logic and less geek.

Comment

You should purchase Setup Factory 6.0 Insight. It is a set of interactive training CDs that will take you from novice to expert in hours. I would HIGHLY reccomend them.

Comment

yes I am sure they would ... but money just is not growing on the tree in my back yard this spring. So glad that other software makers offer real free help ... shame to ... setup factory really generates very nice looking packages.

Comment

From your description, I don't even know if you require any action scripting necessarily. What in particular is not working? What have you tried so far? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

If you start with a very small subset of your objectives to get the base case working, it will be much easier to add on and determine specifically what the problem is.

Comment

I am trying to take a screensaver and make a demo (with time limit that will kill it) and a full version (requiring a SN to install) out of the saver.

This would allow just one file upload and for the user one file download.

Since I really like how SF presents an install and the way that the screens can be customized over the crappy installs that most of the saver makers have, I would like to present my work to the public in the quality manor in which it was created and is displayed.

From everything I read in the help files I require a timer of some kind. I just don't know scripting to build one. I am not dumb, I learn fast if I have someone to take me step by step. Once I get one done I can use it as a template for the future. I use yahoo messenger and would be glad to work with someone for a few days if they are willing. Unless you can come up with another idea.

I am not a programer....I am a graphic designer .... Paint Shop Pro is my thing.

Thanks .... Kel

Comment

Using Setup Factory you can accomplish expiry functionality such as limiting the times the install is run on a particular system, or checking for certain dates etc. in order to expire the install executable. However from your description, it sounds like you want to expire or disable the screen saver after it has been installed on the user's system. Setup Factory only has that ability during the install process, it could not be used to expire the application itself or in this case, screen saver.

I'm not sure how you would accomplish that functionality, however there are products available that were designed for this type of expiry. Try searching Google for that type of application.

Let me know if this answers your question.

Comment

Working...
                    X