suf setup launched for dos box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suf setup launched for dos box.

Our installer, if launched from a dos box, 1st appears with focus, but then, after doing some file seaching, etc; ends up behind the dos box... is there a way to make sure it doesn't loose focus when it performs "actions"?

Re: suf setup launched for dos box.

Try launching the installation file with the /W command line argument, which is the "Wait for return". See if that solves your problem with the focus of the windows.

Comment

Same thing... SUF setup pops up (focus) does some pre-actions.... then goes to the background....

Comment

You could build an invisible AutoPlay app to bring the installer's window to the front.
        --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

hmm. I could, I guess, if I owned it...
          the fact that suf setup has focus, then performs some actions, then looses focus; tells me that it should be a feature IN Suf to bring itself forward.

Comment

Sorry, jassing, I thought for sure I'd seen you post in the AutoPlay forums before. Guess I was just used to seeing your name in here. My apologies.

(Either that, or I fried my brain playing too much Planetside last night...**** Sony for letting me in on that beta test.)

I agree that window controls should be a feature in Setup Factory, and I would expect that sort of thing to be added in SF7.

Technically, you could write a DLL to do that with SF6, but I don't think that's the answer you wanted.

I'm not sure why Setup Factory is losing focus in the first place. It's the same DOS box, and not a new one popping up, right?

What actions are being performed at the time? Maybe insert some message box actions and see if you can figure out what actions are sending SF to the back, or bringing the DOS prompt to the front, whichever is the case.
            --[[ Indigo Rose Software Developer ]]

Comment

Working...
            X